Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Excel 2003 Advanced
About the course
IT can offer great productivity benefits, if people have the right skills to use the packages available to them. Yet 28% of companies in the UK lack employees with the IT skills to meet their business objectives.
This course will help you unlock the power of Microsoft Excel 2003. Excel is a spreadsheet package that provides the tools to access, process, analyse and display numeric and financial information, accurately and professionally.
This course takes you step by step through the advanced spreadsheet tasks of Excel 2003.
You’ll learn how to
- identify the function of Vertical Lookup and create a Lookup Table
- import text and other objects into a spreadsheet and export structured data
- identify and apply Built-in Numeric Formats
- set validation criteria
- share and protect workbooks and understand file properties
- add, display and delete comments on a workbook by using the 'Reviewing' toolbar
- use 'Track Changes' feature to revise a workbook and display any changes such as added or deleted data, formatting, and cut and pasted data
- use the Auditing Tools to trace where the data is coming from and where results eventuate
- use the 'Scenario Manager' feature to set up variables and tabulate the results for future reference
- set up views of your file with different display and print settings attached by using the 'Custom Views' feature
- use Excel as a basic database, enabling you to organise and retrieve data
- use 'Goal Seek' and 'Goal Solver' features as useful forecasting tools
- use PivotTables to quickly summarise and cross-tabulate large amounts of data
There are 18 modules in this course:
- Working with Named Ranges
- Vlookup and Hlookup Functions
- Importing and Exporting Files
- Custom and Conditional Formats
- Validating Data
- XML and Web Queries
- Sharing and Protecting Files
- Using Comments
- Tracking Changes
- Auditing Tools
- Using the Scenario Manager
- Using Custom Views
- Working with Databases
- Filtering Data
- Sorting and Subtotalling
- Goal Seeker and Solver
- Working with PivotTables
- Using PivotCharts
- PivotTables on the Web
- Simulation training replicates the software you're learning, providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so you can do your training in bitesize pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to dip in and out, so you can learn whenever suits you.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.