Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Equality and Diversity
Maintaining an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity is essential to any organisation. This revealing course is split into four modules to thoroughly explore the issues involved and their relevance to us all, including protections laid out in the Equality Act 2010.
With this course you will learn inclusion in terms of equality and diversity and the universal benefits of promoting an inclusive workplace. The course discusses protected characteristics and explains the problems surrounding prejudice and discrimination.
- Explore the concepts of equality and diversity and their relevance to wider society
- Recognise inequality and its impact
- Identify challenges relating to equality and diversity faced by organisations
- Know the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Gain an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and the protection it provides
- Explore the role of human rights in achieving equality
- Learn to recognise and tackle discrimination
- Explore ideas surrounding inclusion and their impact
- Define what inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity
- Know the advantages of an inclusive workplace
- Recognise ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice
This course can be included in an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development. The course is suitable for any workplace or training setting.