Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
End of Life Care
This course is about understanding what the key issues of End of Life Care are and how you can help to ensure that high quality, person centered care is delivered to individuals approaching the end of their life.
What's included in this course?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by End of Life Care.
- Have improved understanding of the need for effective communication in discussing end of life care with individuals reaching the end of life and those close to them.
- Have improved knowledge of how to recognise the changing needs of the person at the end of their life (and those close to them) and know how to respond to these
- Be aware of and recognise the barriers or fear the person (and those close to them) may feel about discussing the dying process
- Understand the importance of advanced care planning.
- Have improved confidence in providing end of life care to an individual with a life limiting illness.