Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Duty of Care (Scotland)
This course has been designed to give the learner a greater understanding of their duty of care in the Scottish health and social care industry, including how their duty of care contributes to safe practice, and how they might resolve dilemmas to their duty that may occur.
The aim of this course is to give the learner an understanding of their own duty of care in the workplace. By the end of this course, learners will be able to understand how their duty of care contributes to safe practice in the health and social care sector, the dilemmas they may face in the workplace, and how to resolve these dilemmas, possibly with additional support and advice.
By the end of this e-learning module, you will have an understanding of the following learning outcomes:
- Define 'duty of care'
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practice
- Describe how duty of care affects their own work role
- Understand support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise about duty of care
- Describe dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individual's rights
- Explain what they must and must not do within their role in managing conflicts and dilemmas
- Explain where to get additional support and advice about how to resolve such dilemmas
- Deal with comments and complaints
- Demonstrate how to respond to comments and complaints in line with legislation and agreed ways of working.