Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
This CPD-certified, level-2 e-learning course is suitable for anyone working with children, young people and adults and provides learners with an understanding of the definitions and forms of domestic abuse, how to spot it and what action to take if you suspect it.
The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor and culminates with an assessment. It is specifically designed to help learners understand what domestic abuse is, be able to identify indicators of domestic abuse in both victims and children who may have witnessed it and what action to take if it is suspected to be taking place.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The Serious Crime Act 2015
- The Government's Statutory Guidance Framework on Controlling or Coercive Behaviour in an Intimate or Family Relationship
- Introduction - The definition and forms of domestic abuse. Who is most at risk? What makes people abuse? Features a look at real domestic abuse victims' stories.
- Effects and Consequences - Why victims of domestic abuse might stay in their relationships. How to recognise signs of domestic abuse in both victims and children who may have witnessed it, as well as how it affects them.
- Action - A look at recent changes to domestic abuse law and legislation and what action to take if you suspect domestic abuse.