Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Many people who don't have capacity to make their own decisions are deprived of their liberty for their own safety. This course explores the concept of 'deprivation of liberty', shows why the DoLS were put into place and in simple terms, shows the steps that are undertaken throughout the authorisation process.
- Explain what the deprivation of liberty safeguards are
- Describe the background to the safeguards
- Explain the law relating to the safeguards
- List who the safeguards apply to
- Describe the roles of the managing authority and the supervisory body
- List the required assessments
- Explain the role of the relevant person’s representative
This course is for anyone with an interest in how people who lack capacity are safeguarded, including relatives, carers and professionals working with adults.