Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Dealing with Active Shooters
Welcome to the training on preparing to deal with active shooters. While this training is a part of the series on managing workplace violence, the threat posed by an active shooter can be in any setting and is therefore, a useful training for just about everyone.
Mass shootings have become a growing cause for concern across the United States. According to the Gun Violence Archive, there have been 230 incidents of mass shootings in 2022 alone, where 4 or more people were shot at or killed (excluding the shooter).
This alarming trend only underscores the need for all-round preparedness to tackle such situations. According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website, situations involving active shooters usually get over in 10 or 15 minutes. This means that authorities may not reach in time, making training for everyone, critical.
This training is meant for:
- HR professionals
- Facilities Management
- Compliance professionals
- Business Owners
- Top Management
- All Employee
- Identify good practices for coping with an active shooter situation
- Understand the 3 key steps of dealing with an active shooter in your vicinity
- Understand how to respond when law enforcement arrives
- Key information to provide to the 911 operator or law enforcement
- Learn the importance of creating an Emergency Evacuation Plan and its key components
- Learn the importance of creating effective emergency training exercises for your staff
- Understand the responsibilities of Facilities Management Staff
- Understand the role of Human Resources Staff
- Build on the role of Leaders and Managers during a crisis
- Learn how to assist employees with special needs or disabilities
*This course references US legislation and statistics.