Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Data Protection in Marketing
This CPD-certified, level-2, e-learning course is suitable for anyone wanting to gain knowledge on the laws and practices of data protection in marketing.
The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor. It is specifically designed to teach learners to understand, in a simple and easy-to-remember format, the basic rules and legal guidelines that apply to all businesses, service providers, charities or not-for-profit-organisations, regarding marketing via telephone, fax, voicemail, email and text.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The Guide to the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) of 2003
- The General Data Protection Regulation
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- Published guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Introduction and Overview - Simple definitions of terms within the Guide to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – updated in light of the GDPR – with a look at the Telephone Preference Service, and the basic rules of telephone marketing.
- Pre-recorded Calls and Other Marketing - Covers pre-recorded sales calls, basic rules for marketing by email, text and fax, including the GDPR's definition of consent, and other lawful bases for processing.