Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Data Protection and The GDPR
This CPD-certified, level-2, e-learning course is suitable for anyone who is handling, processing, or storing data as part of their work, or for anyone who wants to understand and/or exercise their rights as a data subject, including requesting the personal data stored about you by an organisation.
The course includes optional voiceover recorded by a professional actor and culminates with an assessment. It is specifically designed to teach learners everything from the basics of data protection to protecting sensitive data, including the latest changes as a result of the UK leaving the EU.
Law & Legislation
This course covers key points from:
- The General Data Protection Regulation
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- Introduction - An introduction to all aspects of UK data protection law, with simple definitions of the terms within it – personal data, special category data, data subjects, processors and controllers, subject access requests, the ICO.
- The Data Protection Principles - Providing simple definitions and explanations of each of the data protection principles.
- Individual Rights - An in-depth look at the rights provided to us all by UK data protection law, as well as a specific focus on Subject Access Requests.
- Compliance and Accountability - Practical guidance on how to fulfil obligations under UK data protection law, and a look at what happens in the event of non-compliance.