Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Data Protection Law, Definitions and Principles
This engaging online course will increase your understanding of the Data Protection Act and the GDPR, which set the rules for handling personal information.
With increased penalties for non-compliance under the new data protection regime, this course is a valuable resource to help you stay on the right side of the law.
About this course
This engaging course explains what the key differences are between the old data protection regime and the new one. It also explains why and how the law has changed and what the improvements are.
The course also talks about why it is important to keep personal data secure, the improved rights for individuals and the consequences should you not keep personal data secure.
This course is perfect for you if you work with (or can access) personal data and/or sensitive personal data (now called special category data). Itâs a good grounding in data protection for anyone who deals with data of this nature.
Once youâve completed this course, youâll have a knowledge of:
- The GDPR and the new Data Protection Act
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aim of the new legislation
- Who the legislation applies to and how they will be affected
- What is meant by personal data and special category data
- Why protecting personal data is important
- What the core data protection principles are
- The improved rights for individuals
- The new conditions for consent
- Who administers the penalties