Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
By applying a simple and structured approach to problem solving, new options will become clear. When identifying potential solutions, thinking critically provides the tools to determine the correct solution for each situation.
This course introduces you to the principles of 'critical thinking', then teaches you a framework to apply in the workplace.
- See the bigger picture behind the problem using a comprehensive framework.
- Gather supporting data, and generate and compare solutions.
- Make better decisions that impact the board or company director.
- Professionals responsible for achieving corporate goals and finding solutions to organisational problems.
- Team members that must make day-to-day decisions.
Section 1: Introduction to Critical Thinking
- Unit 1.1 - What is 'Critical Thinking' All About?
- Unit 1.2 - Core Principles it Helps to Know
- Unit 1.3 - The Reality of Decision Making
- Unit 1.4 - How Much Does it Matter?
Section 2: Building Your Case: Data and Methods
- Unit 2.1 - Data Quality
- Unit 2.2 - Understanding Data
- Unit 2.3 - Interviews: Your Best Qualitative Technique
- Unit 2.4 - Section Plenary
Section 3: The Problem Solving Approach
- Unit 3.1 - Know Your Outcome
- Unit 3.2 - Examine Your Problem
- Unit 3.3 - Generate Options
- Unit 3.4 - Analyse Options and Select a Solution
- Unit 3.5 - Decision Making
- Unit 3.6 - Implementation Planning
- Unit 3.7 - Evaluation
- Unit 3.8 - Section Plenary
Section 4: Presenting Your Case
- Unit 4.1 - Presenting and Influencing
- Unit 4.2 - Section Plenary
Section 5: Conclusion
- Unit 5.1 - Keep an Open Mind and Ask Good Questions
- Unit 5.2 - Course Plenary