Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations 2015
The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015 (COMAH) are in place to prevent and mitigate the effects of major accidents involving dangerous substances which can cause serious harm to people and/or the environment.
If the COMAH Regulations apply to your workplace, this module will introduce the Regulations, the general operator duties and best practice guidelines to keep employees and the environment safe.
At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- What the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations are
- The general duties of operators of COMAH sites
- The difference between lower and upper-tier sites
- The role of the Competent Authority (CA) and key point of notification
- The importance of implementing Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Preparing a Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP)
- Developing an emergency plan
- What actions to take following a major accident