Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Care Certificate - Full Training Suite
The Care Certificate was introduced in order to raise the standard of care of elderly and vulnerable people in our society. It set out a 15-standard programme of care training for care workers, replacing the Common Induction Standards (CIS) and the National Minimum Training Standards (NMTS).
In this Skills for Care endorsed training suite, you?ll get all the theoretical knowledge you need to underpin the practical demonstration elements of your care certificate standards training or social worker training.
The Care Certificate is a comprehensive care guidance programme to ensure that if you?re working in care, you?re providing the best-quality and most compassionate service to vulnerable people.
All organisations with a responsibility for those in care will need to demonstrate that they?ve met the standards set out in the Care Certificate.
Despite the enormity and complexity of the Care Certificate, we?ve developed a Skills for Care endorsed suite that splits the 15 standards into individual, easily manageable modules. So, this Care Certificate training is designed to suit you and your lifestyle ? learn each of the standards in bitesize chunks that won?t interrupt your workday.
You will be expected to undertake the Care Certificate if you are ?new staff, new to care? and employed as a healthcare assistant, assistant practitioner, care support worker or if you support clinical roles where there is direct contact with patients.
You?ll also need to do the Care Certificate if you?re an adult social care worker, providing direct care in residential and nursing homes or a hospice, or you are a home care worker. It?s also ideal for anyone seeking general care guidance.
The Care Certificate:
- applies across the health and social care sectors
- is portable between sectors and organisations
- is an assessment of both knowledge and competence
Once you?ve completed this Care Certificate course, you?ll have a knowledge of:
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Areas for your own personal development
- Care Certificate answers and solutions
- The importance of effective communication in meeting the needs of service users
- The values and importance of equality and inclusion and awareness of key legislation
- Key principles for implementing a duty of care
- Key principles of safeguarding within health and social care
- How to promote and deliver person-centred support
- The roles and responsibilities relating to health and safety and awareness of the related key legislation
- Understanding Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality & Diversity
- Work in a Person-Centred Way
- Effective Communication
- Compassion, Dignity and Privacy
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Infection Prevention and Control