Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Assertiveness : toolkit. Part A
Throughout our professional lives we experience periods of change, tension and stress. Faced with some situations, we occasionally lose our cool and we react inappropriately. We feel that we lose face and credibility.
In this module we will see how to be more assertive, while continuing to respect the other person. That is, to listen to the other person, but still express our own point of view.
In this way, using methods that are simple and easy to remember and apply, you can maintain healthy and constructive relationships, regardless of the situation.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- Explore your personal assertiveness profile. After learning how to state your case calmly and assertively.
- You will be able to rephrase criticism in a constructive way.
- Exploring the basic principles of assertiveness.
- Identifying your preferred forms of behavior.
- Using the DESC method to give constructive criticism.
- The practical exercises will give you an insight into typical forms of behavior.
- Through it, you will discover four dimensions : passiveness, aggression, manipulation, and assertiveness.
- The sample situations will give you a better understanding of an assertive attitude.
Anyone who wants to be more assertive when dealing with others.
This is one of two learning modules on this topic. On completion it its recommended that you progress to Part B.