Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Assertiveness & Managing Anger
This module teaches you the basics of how to be assertive: the kind of words to use and the simple (Three Step) process to follow. It also provides you with a simple guide to managing anger, and how to deal with it, in yourself and others.
In both areas, knowing how to behave naturally increases your confidence, and therefore, your ability to deal with circumstances that others may find intimidating.
Being assertive enables you to talk about your needs and ideas, and your preferred outcomes, without arousing defensiveness in others. You can also use assertiveness to address anger in other people, and we show you some simple rules that will enable you to do this.
After taking this short course, you'll be able to:
- Use the Three-Step Approach to being assertive
- Understand passive, aggressive and assertive responses to behavior
- Manage anger in yourself – and others
- Address (and defuse) anger with assertive statements
- Module Introduction & Workbook Download
- The Three-Step Approach to Assertiveness
- Passive, Aggressive and Assertive Responses
- Managing Anger in Yourself and Others
- Addressing Anger With Assertive Statements
- Key Takeaways
- Module Test
This course is relevant to anyone! No matter what our situation, we can all benefit from setting goals - and doing it in the most effective way.
Whether you're managing a team of people, or planning your own activity, if you set goals you will have a good idea of where you (and/or your team) need to be. If you do it well, you'll set the foundation for success.
In this course, we show you the importance of goals, and how simple it is to do it in a SMART way that will maximize the results from what you do.