Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Asbestos is a life-threatening substance if inhaled. Everyone can be at risk if asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) are damaged or disturbed, resulting in fibres being released into the air. Working on or near damaged ACMs or breathing in high levels of asbestos fibres, which may be many hundreds of times that of environmental levels, can increase your chances of getting an asbestos-related disease.
This introductory module will help you identify what common structural items may contain ACMs and what the legal requirements are in relation to their handling.
What's included in this course?
On completion of this module, you will have an understanding of:
- What asbestos is and why is it dangerous.
- How to identify the three main types of asbestos.
- The risks of asbestos in the workplace.
- Where asbestos may exist in buildings.
- Legislation, policies and procedures.