Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
An Introduction Into Caring for People with a Terminal Illness
This presentation is designed to be an introduction and understanding to caring for people who are at the end of life stage. This course is suitable for anyone who is in the postion of caring for a family member or friend who are in need of support.
There are 12 learning sections to the course followed by two life stories.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- what is involved in end of life care,
- be able to support people nearing the end of life,
- recognise what happens to the body when a person is nearing the end of their life,
- know how to support through communication in a sensitive manner,
- be able to prepare and plan for death,
- be aware of the stages of grief and be able to support yourself and others through grief.
You will be able to deal with end of life care with a better understanding of what a person is going through both emotionally and physically. You will be able to offer support through terminal illness and end of life.
By the end of this presentation, students will be able to:
- Recognise various terminal illnesses.
- Have an understanding of palliative and end of life care.
- Establish ways of talking about dying.
- Recogise advanced care plans.
- Recogise signs of end of life.