Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Assertiveness: know your profile. Part A
Tense or stressful situations affect our behavior, making us lose our composure and, in some cases, respond inappropriately. This, in turn, can cause us to lose face and credibility.
In this module, we will see how to remain composed and be assertive, i.e. both firm and diplomatic. We will also learn how to avoid behaviors that make us less effective.
You will carry out a self-assessment to learn about your own tendencies and understand how to switch from one form of sanctuary behavior to another.
By the end of this module, you will know how to:
- How to react in tense situations by stating your case assertively yet without aggression.
- You will already be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. In this module, you will learn how to manage them more effectively.
- You will come away with practical ways to analyze the behavior of people around you.
- Identifying the characteristics of an assertive, passive and aggressive attitude.
- Using simple techniques to become more assertive.
- Through a self-assessment, you will determine how assertive you are and identify some effective ways to become more assertive.
- Through exercises and videos, you will learn to decipher the attitudes of your coworkers in different workplace situations.
Anyone who wants to manage tense situations more effectively.
This is one of two learning modules on this topic. On completion it its recommended that you progress to Part B.