Need help? Call us on +44 (0)20 7613 3444 or email
Internet Explorer 11 - Introduction and Navigation
About the course
The Internet Explorer 11 - Introduction and Navigation course takes you through web concepts and Internet Explorer basics. You will also visit websites, use the Favorites Center, specify Family Safety controls, and modify Internet Explorer settings.
There are 5 modules in this course
- Internet Concepts
- Internet Explorer Basics
- Surfing the Internet
- Using the Favorites Center
- Internet Explorer Settings
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks
Introducing Internet Explorer 11Internet Concepts
- Distinguish Internet Components;
- Understand Internet Services;
- Identify the Internet and WWW;
- Understand the use of Search Engines;
- Recognise the Use of Encryption;
- Identify Digital Certificates;
- Recognise the Use of Firewalls;
- Understand Virus Protection;
- Identify Cookies;
Internet Explorer Basics
- Start Internet Explorer;
- Open New Windows;
- Use the Command Bar;
- Display Task Panes;
- Use the Address Bar List;
- Refresh Web Pages;
- Stop Web Pages Loading;
- Add Favorite Websites;
- Close Websites
Surfing the Internet
- Identify URL Components;
- Open Websites;
- Use Hyperlinks;
- Navigate with the Keyboard;
- Use AutoComplete;
- Display Multiple Windows;
- Use Thumbnails;
- Pin Websites to the Taskbar;
- Fill in Web Forms;
Using the Favorites Center
- Open the Favorites Center;
- Add Websites;
- Organise the Favorites List;
- Rename Links;
- Delete Links;
- Move and Copy Links;
- Pin the Favorites Center Pane;
- Display the History List;
- Sort the History List;
Internet Explorer Settings
- Change the Home Page;
- Modify History Settings;
- Delete Temporary Files;
- Use Family and Safety Controls;
- Set Curfews;
- Use Web Filtering;
- Block File Downloads;
- Use the Allow or Block List;
- Hide Images on Web Pages;