Windows Vista Introduction
About the course
Windows Vista is an operating system that controls the hardware and software on your computer. This system supports multi-tasking and enables one or several people to use a computer and common Windows compatible software.
This Windows Vista Introduction course takes you step by step through the core to intermediate tasks of the Windows Vista operating system.
You’ll learn how to
- recognise computing health risks and identify computer safety precautions
- identify the functions of Windows Vista
- work with control panel components
- install and remove programs
- recognise common desktop icons, create a desktop shortcut, open, rename and move icons
- use basic features of working with the Computer window's objects
- create a new folder and sub-folder, re-arrange, move, copy and select objects locating them using the Folders list
- search for various files and folders using the 'Search' tools
- back up data on a PC, restore, compress and extract files
There are 17 modules in this course:
- Health and Safety Issues
- Starting the Computer and Desktop Basics
- Basic Configuration
- Computer Operations
- Help Tools
- Desktop Icons
- Working with Windows
- Using WordPad
- Computer Window Basics
- Using Explorer
- Working with Files and Folders
- Search Tools
- Recycle Bin
- Backup and Compress Files
- Virus Checking
- Printing Documents
- Controlling the Printer
- Simulation training replicates the software you are learning providing a realistic learning experience.
- Learn how to perform tasks at your own pace and interactively by following easy step-by-step actions.
- Reinforce your knowledge at the end of each lesson by completing interactive and multiple choice quiz questions.
- Assess your skills at any time by undertaking the Course Test.
- Lessons can be completed within 30 minutes so training can be undertaken in bite size pieces.
- Bookmarking allows you to learn in multiple training sessions.
- Course navigation features allow you to jump directly to specific topics of interest quickly and easily.
- Designed for people who require initial and refresher training activities.
- Available on-line 24 hours a day.
- Version for Mobile Devices.
- Review course content with eBooks