Approximate learning time
Immunisation programmes are among the most successful public health measures. This programme will be of interest to any healthcare professional who immunises or advises on immunisation.
By the end of this programme the student will be able to:
- Understand the professional and legal issues relating to vaccination programmes.
- Understand the importance of proper vaccine storage and handling.
- Identify vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Identify an appropriate anatomical site for vaccination.
- Safely perform a vaccination following a period of supervised practice and assessment of competency.
- Identify the complication associated with vaccination.
- Identify the early signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to manage this emergency condition.