Understanding Child Attachment
The Understanding Child Attachment course is designed to explain the attachment children have with their main carer. Understanding the basics of attachment in children and its various forms and stages through to adulthood can significantly improve outcomes for that person.
Everybody working with children and young people
Objectives for the course are:
- To understand the attachment children have to main caregivers
- To understand why and what happens when attachment goes wrong
- To understand the different needs children have
- To understand what happens to attachment when a need is not met
- To be able to identify attachment in a child's behaviour
- To understand the effects of separation and deprivation
- To give practical techniques to practitioners in terms of child attachment
Estimated learning time: 50 minutes.