The Care Certificate
About the course
A training induction program, designed to help health and social care workers provide safe, high quality and compassionate care to the people they support.
- Introduction to Care Certificate - A training induction program, designed to help health and social care workers provide safe, high quality and compassionate care to the people they support.
- Understand Your Role - As a health and social care worker, youre going to interact with lots of amazing people, performing lots of different roles, all providing vital support to individuals across the UK.
- Duty of Care - Whatever your role in health and social care, you have a professional responsibility to protect the safety and wellbeing of the people for whom you provide care and support. In addition, you also have a responsibility to yourself, your colleagues and anyone else who may be affected by your actions at work.
- Equality and Diversity- Championing equality and diversity is a key part of living and working in an inclusive environment. Working in ways that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion ensures that care is fair and individuals are not discriminated against. To support individuals in a person-centred way, you need to understand what these terms mean and take account of them in your work. This course will show you how.
- Working in a Person-Centred Way - If someone is in the centre of something, they are the most important person. This means that other people cannot be more powerful or make decisions about the persons life that they do not agree with. In this course well explore why working in a person-centred way is so important.
- Communication - During your career in health and social care you will develop many different relationships. Some will be formal and others more informal. Successful communication is crucial in both cases. This course will provide you with the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to be an effective communicator.
- Privacy and Dignity - As a health and social care worker, you must recognise how important these values are, and be committed to maintaining and promoting the privacy and dignity of the people for whom you care and support. This course is designed to help you do just that.
- Fluid and Nutrition - Eating well is important for everyones health, but good nutrition is vital for the health and wellbeing of someone receiving care.
- Mental Health Awareness - Even if you do not directly work with people living with a condition, it is just as important that you are aware of how mental health issues may affect people, and recognise the signs to look out for so that everyone can get the right support as soon as possible.
- Safeguarding Adults - Safeguarding Adults is an important topic within Health & Social Care. Safeguarding Adults covers a huge amount of important information, policies and legislation. This course is designed to provide you with all the information you need to understand your responsibilities to safeguard adults in your workplace.
- Safeguarding Children - This course forms part of your child protection training and will teach you the fundamentals of safeguarding children. Youll explore what safeguarding children really means and learn skills that will help you to confidently recognise and respond appropriately to abuse.
- Basic Life Support - Statistics from St John Ambulance show that in the U.K. alone around 140,000 people die each and every year in situations where basic first aid could have been beneficial. These statistics include just less than 900 people who choked, 2,500 people who had a blocked airway and 29,000 people who suffered cardiac arrest.
- Introduction to Health and Safety - Workplace health and safety really matters. In fact, its a life and death subject. So unsurprisingly its heavily governed by law and regulation. So much so, companies and individuals are liable to prosecution if they do not comply.
- Move and Assist Safely - The moving and handling of people is a regular task in health and social care, which, if not done safely, can cause serious injury to service users and staff.
- Medication and Healthcare Tasks - It is vital that you feel capable and confident enough to undertake medication tasks and activities in a way that promotes the independence and dignity of the people being supported. This short course will help you to understand how you can do this.
- COSHH Essentials - This introduction to COSHH course explains what hazardous substances are and where they can be found in the workplace. Youll find out what kinds of health risks are associated with them and well also cover the benefits of following COSHH guidelines.
- Fire Safety - Fire Safety is a subject that can sometimes be taken for granted, often going un-noticed within the workplace. This fire safety awareness course covers the key topics to keep you and others safe within your workplace.
- Working Safely and Securely - This short course will provide you with the information you need to keep yourself, and others, safe and secure whilst at work.
- Manage Stress - Stress at work is a real concern for Health and Social Care workers. In fact, the Health and Safety Executive say that workers in health and social care have some of the highest rates of illness due to stress, anxiety and depression.
- Handling Information - In the modern age handling information in the correct manner can seem like a minefield, but dont worry. This course will show you what you need to do to safeguard the information of the individuals you support and care for.
- Your Personal Development - Learning new skills and discovering something new feels great. Whatever stage of our professional or personal lives were in, we never stop learning. During this course were going to help you explore the different ways you can learn.
- Infection Prevention and Control - It is essential to ensure that people who use health and social care services receive safe and effective care, and it is important that everyone has a clear understanding of their responsibilities in preventing the spread of infection.
- Lone Working - This short course explains the dangers of working alone, and provides you with simple techniques to keep you and the people you work with safe.