Stairways and Ladders (OSHA)
Working on and around stairways and ladders can be hazardous and is a major source of injuries and fatalities among construction workers. In this course we will look at when and where ladders and stairways must be provided and the rules and specifications relating to them. We will also discuss the requirements for training to recognize the hazards and understand the safe use and construction of ladders and stairs.
- Recognize when ladders and stairways are required.
- Identify the rules that apply to all ladders.
- Understand the requirements for mounting ladder safety devices.
- Describe the rules that apply to stairways and handrails.
- Explain the requirement for training to recognize hazards.