Learn how to conduct successful selection interviews. Selection Interviewing is one of the key management techniques for evaluating whether a job applicant is suitable for the post on offer. This course supplies a comprehensive guide to developing your skills in selection interviewing no matter how your organisation goes about selecting staff. The course looks at all aspects of the selection interviewing process and includes skills, which can be used in other interview situations.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Increase the effectiveness of any selection interview you have to carry out at work.
- Prepare effectively for selection interviews
- Use appropriate techniques for opening and closing the interview
- Use summarising and signposting effectively
- Use open, closed and probe questions effectively
- Put active listening techniques into practice
- Identify and act on non-verbal signals