Plan Your Own Development
This course is about you and your own development. It helps identify and plan what you can do to develop your own skills, knowledge and abilities, in order to achieve what you want from life. By the end of the course you'll have an action plan for your development as far into the future as you choose. Although you'll focus on your working life, many lessons apply equally well to your personal life too. You can do this alone, but you'll find it more helpful to work with other people: Your team leader Colleagues you trust and respect, your training or personnel officer, your coach or mentor, family or friends.
Participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- Access their own abilities and learning potential
- Identify a range of development opportunities open to them
- Identify the resources they have available, and those they need
- Set challenging, realistic goals for their own development
- Make flexible, practical plans to achieve their goals