Mental Health at Work
Course at a glance
- 20-30 mins
About the course
We all have mental health, like we all have physical health. And, like our bodies, our minds can become unwell too. The effects are as real as a broken leg, but there’s no plaster cast to show for it. So it can be really difficult to spot the signs, and even harder to talk about, especially at work where many people still feel scared and confused about the issue. This course is here to help. You’ll learn all about mental health problems and discover simple ways you can look after yourself.
With mental health – it’s not easy to know where to start, so navigate the different sections at your own pace, selecting the topics that sound interesting to you. By the end of this course you’ll have all the information you need to make you and your workplace mentally healthier.
- What is mental health? – busting myths
- Talk about it – conversations about mental health at work
- Legal position – understand your rights
- Reasonable adjustments – get the support you need
- Stay well at work – in 10 simple steps
- Five ways to wellbeing – from the New Economics Foundation
- Further information – discover the charity Mind’s fantastic support services
Who is it for?
- Anyone who wants to learn more about mental health at work and find out what type of help and support is available
- Perfect for anyone struggling with mental health issues at work, or if you know someone who is struggling and you want to know how you can support them.
With mental health – it’s not easy to know where to start, so navigate the different sections at your own pace, selecting the topics that sound interesting to you. The topics are explained using animated videos with a characterful voice over.