Introduction to Permit to Work Systems (OSHA)
Without a regulated Permit to Work procedure, personnel, plant and environment could be put at extreme risk. This course will look into what a Permit to Work is, the various types of permits available and how they are implemented within industry situations. Individuals responsibilities and their training needs within a Permit to Work system are also discussed as well as the importance of work planning.
- Explain what a Permit to Work is and what types there are.
- Describe your responsibilities when working under a permit.
- Summarize the importance of proper work planning and risk assessment.
- Identify the essential components of a successful Permit to Work.
- Outline the need for training in Permit to Work Systems.