Internet User Policy
Use of internet facilities has become an accepted means of how employees carry out their duties in the workplace. However, abuse of a company's internet facilities (example, accessing obscene material, excessive personal use, etc) can be a serious problem for businesses. Indeed there are more concerns at stake for employers than simply time-wasting by employees. Abuse of IT facilities, with regard to sexuality explicit, racist or threatening content, places a company at risk of facing legal claims from offended employees. Failure by businesses to adopt, implement and transmit a clear usage policy can leave businesses exposed to costly legal disputes.
To promote legal compliance, every employee should be provided with information regarding practices that the Company deem to be acceptable and unacceptable. The course is completely customisable to allow organisations to add, delete or amend content as appropriate to their needs.
EssentialSkillz range of class-leading E-learning solutions include rich animations (no Flash is used, so M-Learning is an option as courses are compatible with iPad's), crisp clean graphics and engaging content.
In this training course employees will learn:
- Definitions of company IT users, facilities and equipment
- Their responsibility to use the company IT facilities in an appropriate manner and not to create unnecessary risks by their misuse
- Company guidelines on correct use of IT facilities
- Misuse of facilities can result in disciplinary procedures being instigated
Benefit to your Organisation
- Ensures employees know what is expected of them
- Provide the means to simply and effectively communicate your appropriate use policy to employees
- Reduce your exposure to costly legal disputes and promote a more efficient use of Company IT facilities
- Safeguards the security of your IT systems
- Compliance record provides for disciplinary action where needed
All employees with access to IT facilities and equipment