Dropped Object Awareness (OSHA)
A dropped object is defined as any object that falls from its previous static position under its own weight.If an object falls, the force of gravity will pull it towards the ground and if you happen to be in the youll be hit; its as simple as that.The degree to which you might get injured will be influenced by many factors, but the simple rule of thumb is, the heavier or the further an object can fall, the more damage and injury it can cause.This course will help you identify potential dropped objects, and look at ways to reduce the risk of harm.
- Identify potential dropped objects.
- Understand the common causes.
- Describe control and prevention methods.
- Recognize roles and responsibilities.
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining awareness and continuous improvement.