Driver Safety Awareness
Course at a glance
- 30 mins
It is important to consider how you can drive as safely as possible for your own and other road users safety.
About the course
This is an interactive course where you will gain the information needed to understand: the causes of driver behaviour, planning a journey and how to show better consideration for other road users. It also covers areas such as driving without proper control of a vehicle, for instance using a mobile phone or sat nav while driving or not having a comprehensive view of the road or surroundings.
The aim of this course is to raise driver safety awareness and put a STOP! to driving-related accidents.
- In-car safety.
- Recent changes in legislation to using a mobile device.
- Hazard awareness.
- Common causes of accidents.
- Challenging risky behaviour.
- Dealing with distractions.
- Planning a journey.
- Setting up the vehicle.
- Fatigue & drink driving whilst driving.
- Attitude to driving.
- Defensive driving skills.
- Speed awareness.
- Consequences of your actions.
- Driver and passenger responsibilities and liabilities.
- Roadside maintenance and emergencies.
- Check a vehicle for roadworthiness and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Driving environments including weather and ice.
- Green driving.
Who is it For?
Employers with occupational drivers and employees have a duty of care to carry out driver risk assessments. Not only are driver risk assessments a legal requirement, they can also help prioritise the individuals most in need of driver training, thus saving money in the long term. This course is aimed at employers and employees who use a vehicle to travel around for their job.
The interactive course includes bite-size learning chunks in the format of animated explainer videos and a question knowledge summary quiz. This will be a multiple-choice test and candidates will need achieve 80% in order to achieve the pass mark.