Course at a glance
- 5-10 mins
About the course
There are people in society who do things they’d rather not have the public know about and these people go to great lengths to hide any links between the money generated through criminal activity, from the final transaction when they spend their ill-gotten gains. They do this using a three stage method known as money laundering, and this course explains how the process works and your obligations under the applicable laws and regulations.
- You’ll find out what is money laundering really is
- Discover if it really is a big problem, especially in your country
- Find out why money laundering is illegal • Can you go to jail for ignoring the signs of money laundering?
- Identify the three main stages of money laundering so you can spot it and stop it
- Review the main legislation for the UK
- Learn why anti-money laundering policies are so important
Who is it for?
- Anyone who works in the financial services sector
- Employees who would like to learn more about money laundering and their own responsibilities
- Anyone interested in how money laundering works
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.